Quad Voyageur Grand ACC cheat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul L

Sep 28, 2013
Westcliffe, CO
Owners ... As you know through experimentation (and NOT from reading the documentation) the Quad Voyageur Grand is the ONLY stove in Quad's lineup where the ACC can NOT be shut off once engaged. You're in for the full 30 minutes.

When you would like a bit more air, but not for the full 30 minutes, you can engage the ACC by pushing in your ACC control until it meets resistance, and then SLIGHTLY more. Pile up some coals in front of your ACC inlet (front and center of the firebox) and experiment. Push in the control slightly to engage and then pull out to disengage. If it won't disengage, you've pushed it in too far ... doesn't take much.

More options are always good. What's nice about the ACC is that it puts air in the bottom of the firebox, an area different that what is fed by the main air control.

Reactions: Makers Mark
Paul, the acc is main reason I went with quad. I have bad habit of walking off and forgetting to close down air on Buck we had. It is working out perfect for us. I noticed when pushed in it would go about 1/4 to 1/2 in or so with not much resistance. I will definitely remember that tip. Have your burn times got any better? We're having Colorado weather here. Gonna be 4* tonite.

Paul, the acc is main reason I went with quad. I have bad habit of walking off and forgetting to close down air on Buck we had. It is working out perfect for us. I noticed when pushed in it would go about 1/4 to 1/2 in or so with not much resistance. I will definitely remember that tip. Have your burn times got any better? We're having Colorado weather here. Gonna be 4* tonite.

Burn times are the same but all is well. Stove keeps up with the cold weather easily. I love the ACC option as well ... more choices are always good!

That makes me appreciate my manual air supply. You would post a video of you doing it on youtube.

I don't think I could post a youtube video without ripping Quadra-Fire. There's some pretty dumb folks in that company.

Status
Not open for further replies.