QUADRAFIRE 5700 metal problems???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're kidding right? Please tell me you didn't give up that easy. There is no way I'd pay the amount of money that these stoves cost and not expect them to stand behind the warranty. You have all of these comments and pics here to help you; dig in and fight a little bit, they should be fixing your stove or giving you a new one.

I dealt with Falcos in Spokane and they were very helpful. You might try giving them a call. Other considerations would be all the posts here and offering them to the AGO. Of course if the unit was fired without the brick (they can tell) you might be getting off cheap at $146. A product liability attorney is another expensive road you can take. The BBB yet another avenue.

File it in small claims court. The fact that you had to take the bricks out to take the pics will make the judge smile and make them look like idiots.

My previous post is #49, and this post is the update to my reported problem with my Quadra-Fire 3100 Step wood stove. As I reported earlier, my claim filed through the dealer regarding the rear firebox metal crack was denied. I resorted to one of the other three remedies suggested by the manufacturer: having the crack welded. But, I didn’t stop there--I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's Office (https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/ComplaintForm.aspx). Less than a week after filing that complaint I received a call from a Home & Hearth Technologies (HHT) manager regarding the letter he received from the WA AG’s office. I answered his questions regarding stove model, etc. and he advised he would be investigating my claim/complaint. A little over a week later the same manager called to say HHT would be providing me with a new stove, and they would also cover the fee to be charged by the dealer to remove the old stove and install the new one. The new stove was installed yesterday, and I have to say, it is a much different stove than my original--ash removal pan is included, and also an air control timer system--they did use the door from my original stove, but everything else is new.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with this outcome. I give total credit for this result to the Washington State Attorney General’s Office complaint process. I can’t guarantee this process will work for everyone (HHT did acknowledge that my original owner’s manual was deficient in providing maintenance information regarding the firebrick, and there was no time period limitation on my “Lifetime Warranty†as there is now), but I do suggest following up with the WA AG’s office should an initial stove defect claim be denied by the manufacturer.

Thank you fellow posters for your support and information--most helpful!!

I had the same problem a little over a year ago with my 5700,Quad told me the same song and dance,BUT they did have me submit photos of the interior of my stove,and the sides under the heat shields which cracked. After seeing my photos taken by the stove shop where it was purchased my Quad 5700 was replaced in it's entirety including labor at no charge to me,however I was unaware that Quad had modified the air system and made the firebox smaller. The new Quad did not put out the same as the old,got rid of it after a month,replaced it with a Buck 94,got rid of it after a month and got a BKULTRA,still have it, only burned it a month this spring,we'll see how it does. In this case Quadrafire did stand 100% behind their product,but when something works well why change ?PS mine ate up bricks like candy,I ran it hot at times 700 degrees,but the manufacturer should build a product knowing some will test it's limits. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.