Quadrafire Castille Rumbling Sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good quality pellet should not fill the firepot for a few days . The first year with my stove I burned hamers ,the stove worked perfect.I have not seen them in this area for awhile. Everytime I burned bad pellets BINGO,firepot filled to fast even with feed rate on low. Buy a good hardwood pellet problem solved!

In a Quad all the pellets in the burn pot are burned on shutdown. That is one thing the Quad does real good, sparks flying every where.

GIPPER said:
I think the problem is poor quality pellets. when i use premium hardwood i have no problems. I tried energex last year ,could not even burn them. Started with feed rate on low. Roared every time! I GAVE THE ENERGEX to my brother with a harmon p68. He said his stove has never performed so bad! Glass turned black and tons of clinkers and high ash.

I ran Lignetics for 2 seasons and always had the problem.

Can I hazard a novice guess? Because my issue is random what if just before the thermostat turned off the call light the augure had just dumped a good number of pellets (you know how sometimes it drops a few and other times a lot) then went into shutdown. If these last pellets were not completely burned and upon the next call for heat the stove dumps in its' good share of startup pellets might there be a "random" time when I have too many pellets in the pot and have the accompaning "Ed Sullivan Fire" (really big fire) untill these pellets burned down? Center Tree stated after waiting 20-30 seconds his burt down to a normal fire. I am not so sure I have the courage to last that long given the noise and size of the fire, but I may try to steel myself for the 30 seconds to see if it clears. The problem is catching a random occurance.[/quote]

The quads seem to be able to burn to completion ALL the residual pellets left in the pot. Even when the thermostat is satisfied and the stove shuts down it will supply air until all the pellets are gone, so I think this theory is NOT the case with our CASTILE's rumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.