Quadrafire Millennium 3100 start and run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BethelStrong

Dec 12, 2018
Ohio
New to stoves. First season and first install. It seems to be doing the job for my small place in Ohio. I don’t get long burn times. It’s efficient it seems, but I can’t load it up and get up in the morning with enough coals to start another fire.

I guess my question is, what should I expect?

My wood is maple that is pretty dry, seasoned 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you gain more and more experience you will find what your stove likes and doesn't like. The biggest thing is fuel supply, try to find oak, ash, locust get 3 years ahead with this supply.
Stove maintenance is a big thing, check your gaskets, adjust your door as needed, or replace the door gasket, do your stove cleanings, if you have a sudden change in performance check your chimney cap & chimney, could be getting clogged and causing a slower draft.
If you have an ash pan, make sure its sealed up or the plug is fully in after cleaning out the ashes. Keep hot or warm ashes in a metal bucket with lid on for a minimum of 3 days to prevent fires, don't keep fresh wood ash in living spaces or garage, it still can emit co gas.

Reactions: BethelStrong