Quadrature castile insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nhogan

Dec 13, 2017
Canada
Hey guys .
My stove worked until last year then all of a sudden it started to cut out every now and then because the pellets were not feeding. I would have to poke a stick up the chute every now and then for pellets to drop. Now it doesn't let any pellets down.
I have jumped vacuum switch. Also jumped the snap discs. The stove turns on and call light come on. It sounds like the motor doesn't start but I have removed it and taken it to motor shop and it does turn very very slowly. Is motor gone or is it control box.
Any help is really helpful thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
This motor removed, is this the auger motor? If so yes they are a gear motor the shaft turns slow but they have a large amount of torque. Does the motor itself turn slow? Can you see the armatur shaft spinning on the motor itself? That should be spining quite fast. By the way you discribe the issue it points to an auger motor replacement, its getting tired and weak.