questions about my timberline

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the install is done by code and inspected you will be fine. How long has your wood been split, stacked, and covered? New EPA stoves rely on good, dry firewood. While burning wet wood won't ruin it, it will surely make for an unpleasant experience. I am by no means pushing you towards getting a new stove. I think it would be a good idea to have a professional check out the current state of the one you have first. BUT, if a new stove is in the plans for any near future - Now is the time as it will save you on the cost of the pipe.
thanks for your quick response and advice , will get an estimate , the wood is not wet but not bone dry either thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.