RAIN!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
We just got about 3" of rain in a little over an hour. Crazy.

There's a small river running through my yard at the moment, and we've never had any type of drainage issues...ever.

There was a lot of strong wind too...I'd guess 60-75 MPH. No damage other than it knocked down all my corn and 4 tomato stakes. :mad:

More getting even from last year...I guess.

These storms have been insane. The rain over the past 2.5 months is enough to make you wonder. I'll be keeping an eye on the tropical storm hitting florida right now. want to see if it tracks north in the next week like they all seem to do anymore. Well, as for your back yard, I'd break out the swimmies:)

Corn is probably a lost cause flat on the ground and the dirt is like soup. Should be able to stand the maters back up in a couple days once the ground firms up some. Roof is still on and no water in the basement.

Crazy weather.
Keep your wood dry & "Anchored down" :)

Lukem, I was watching the radar when that storm was passing through and even emailed a friend down there. Said they were under a watch at the time.

That storm is still moving east and it looks like a long line of heavy stuff at the start of it.

My boss is in Carmel, IN. We were on the phone earlier today and I could hear the rain hitting his windows. His young daughters screamed with every clap of thunder, sounded awful. I was just on the phone with a collegue outside of Columbus, OH and she hasn't had power for a few hours now. There are storms headed this way for sure so I won't be watering the garden tonight.

We got another inch or so this afternoon. No terrible storm, but a little breezy. Quite a bit of my corn is laying down, and some tomatoes, too.

This make 20 days in a row with measurable rain here. Thing is, it has been anywhere from .5-1.5". No floods, no nasty storms. My garden is crazy, though the weeds are getting bad because I can't get in it. Crops look amazing. Except for a lot of wheat laying on the ground. It should be in the bin by now.

Our early broccoli and cabbage are rotting at the main head, from water pooling, we've had so much rain. The woods garden (at my place as opposed to the large garden I do at a friend's farm) is so wild/jungle/mosquito-ey I can't really get in it. The flowers are gorgeous, especially the lobelias which love the water, and the roses, which love the humid air.

Haven't seen much at all for the past couple weeks. June was the same way. This is a dry summer so far.

I could not believe the downpour that woke me up night before last. This stuff just keeps coming and keeps coming. Looks like a few days of dry or just small showers coming.

And hot like Hades and humid like a swamp.

Completely the opposite here. A cool front came through a couple nights ago. Sunny and 60F right now. Supposed to get up to about 75F, low humidity. C'mon over. :)

Rain looks to be done here for a while. My garden is soaked and it is starting to take its toll on the tomatoes (bottom leaves getting a lot of wilt).

Supposed to be low 90's and sunny all week. With plenty of moisture already in the soil it should be good growing weather.

All my corn stood itself back up. I'm glad it did, but am not sure how it pulled it off.

I'm not sure what part of Indiana your in but you might have a cold front moving in on Saturday or Sunday.

OUTLOOK: ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE IN THE AFTERNOON
WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY...WITH MORE NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS ON
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AS A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE REGION. WHILE
WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME...A FEW OF
THE STRONGER STORMS MAY PRODUCE GUSTY WINDS. THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE
SLOW MOVERS...AND TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS AND LOCALIZED FLASH FLOODING
IS POSSIBLE. ALL THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF DANGEROUS
LIGHTNING

That must be north of here. Just heat and humidity here all week. Dew point is 72 right now. Feels like you are taking a shower when you walk outside.

Reactions: zap
That must be north of here. Just heat and humidity here all week. Dew point is 72 right now. Feels like you are taking a shower when you walk outside.
Same weather here, after all the rain I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.