reduction clearance chart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Table 12.6.2.1 Reduction of Appliance Clearance with Specified Forms of Protection
Clearance Reduction Applied to and Covering All Combustible Surfaces within the Distance Specified as Required Clearance with No Protection (See 12.6.1 through 12.6.1.3)
Maximum Allowable Reduction in Clearance (%)
Minimum Clearance
As Wall Protector
As Ceiling Protector
As Wall Protector
As Ceiling Protector
in.
mm
in.
mm
(a)
3½ in. (90 mm) thick masonry wall without ventilated air space

(b)
½ in. (13 mm) thick noncombustible insulation board over 1-in. (25.4-mm) glass fiber or mineral wool batts without ventilated air space
(c)
0.024-in. (0.61-mm), 24-gauge sheet metal over 1-in. (25.4-mm) glass fiber or mineral wool batts reinforced with wire, or equivalent, on rear face with ventilated air space
(d)
3½ in. (90 mm) thick masonry wall with ventilated air space

(e)
0.024-in. (0.61-mm), 24-gauge sheet metal with ventilated air space
(f)
½ in. (13 mm) thick noncombustible insulation board with ventilated air space
(g)
0.024-in. (0.61-mm), 24-gauge sheet metal with ventilated air space over 0.024-in. (0.61-mm), 24-gauge sheet metal with ventilated air space
(h)
1-in. (25.4-mm) glass fiber or mineral wool batts sandwiched between two sheets 0.024-in. (0.61-mm), 24-gauge sheet metal with ventilated air space
Notes:
1. All clearances and thicknesses are minimums; larger clearances and thicknesses may be permitted.
2. To calculate the minimum allowable clearance, the following formula can be used: C pr = Cun (1 - R/100). C pr is the minimum allowable clearance, Cun is the required clearance with no protection, and R is the maximum allowable reduction in clearance.
3. Refer to Figures 12.6.2.1(e) and 12.6.2.1(f) for other reduced clearances using materials found in (a) through (h) of this table.

the format did not make it here computer gurus any ideas to post Acrobat format here do I have to convert to pdf

This is good info, but tables don't work well in forum context. The software keeps deleting spaces, etc.

This should be in a wiki. Send the info to me Elk if you don't have time. I'll post if for you.

ther are very use full picture explaining everything for about 2 more pages I can cut and past to you As I remember I still have you e-mail address I will e-mail it to you
the wiki is format compatiable? if it is maybe I can send it there or cut and past there a little instructions might help I think my history of cat stoves would be interensing and
the simple things to do about draft stopping and insulation that recent post brought out

Sounds good. Send me what you have for the reduction of clearances chart and I'll try to translate it to wiki format.

Status
Not open for further replies.