Regency CI2600 issues, door, dark glass, etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lucky48

Nov 30, 2022
Westminster, MD
Bought my house 14 years ago, and upgraded to a Regency CI2600 about 10 years in from the gas insert the house came with. The stove ran amazing for the first couple years, having never owned a converter stove. Fast forward to today, and I'm having a heck of a time getting the door to close with any sort of ease. I end up having to pull up on the door with the poker to get the door latch to reach. How the hell does anyone adjust this thing? I can't find any info on it, and the installer is useless.

I also can;t keep the glass clear short of burning logs that are only 8" long. Is there a better trick to keeping it clear? I don't think its a down wash firebox, or whatever its called thats supposed to keep it clean. I almost want to rip this thing out and go to a pellet stove.

There is a long but informative thread on this model stove which started when the CI2600 was first released, up to the modern CI2700. There are some good burning tips in it.

Reactions: fussen and Lucky48
I'm working my way through that thread now. I replaced the rope seal and now the door sits crooked - in on the hinge side and off on the latch side. If I remove a shim though the door is impossible to close. Is there a way to shim the hinge side? My stove only has 3 shims on the latch side.

This post talks about adjusting the hinge side. Hope that helps.

Reactions: fussen and Lucky48