Regency F2400 Secondary burns and temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Drew3380, does the flue system go straight up through the house or does it take a 90º turn out the wall into a tee?

Morning update...had a really good one last night. I ran it wide open and set a timer for 20 mins. I have never done that before. I would watch it then slowly shut it down based on the top temp and how crazy the fire was going. I believe I wasn’t letting the wood get charred enough......The top temp got between 700-750 and held it there for a little before coming down and cruising at 600ish. It’s gonna be a cold one today so I’m gonna load up in the morning and try it again. Going to look into the probe thermo.

We have some cold weather coming. Just curious does anyone through a few splits in in the middle of the night to keep the temps a bit higher for the morning?

Reactions: Drew3308