Regency Hearth Heater ( H2100M )Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

oldschoolCQ

Jan 29, 2017
California
Is there a secret to removal of metalbest once locked down? I opened up the wall (corner) giving myself plenty of room to grab the pipe and turn counter-clockwise but there was not a hint of it budging. DO I need to use a thin bee keepers pry bar to perhaps break a creosote seal inside or what!?

Anyone with experience of unfastening metalbest- could sure use a heads up.

Last edited:
I think we need to understand your plan a little better. Why are you pulling out the chimney if you are going to run a liner through it later? I really dont follow you there.

Perhaps I should just ask this: Does anyone know how to take apart metalbest chimney? to remove it from itself and from a fireplace? Is it permanently locked together or is there a process by which it can be taken apart with out ruining the fit ups..

Last edited:
..the new stove will have a six inch exhaust and it is always best to run it 6" all the way out for drafting efficiency AND I don't want to replace the existing 8". (path of least financial resistance) Also I need to remove one 36" length to make room and get it into the ceiling. (it was a corner mounted heatilator..
So you are removing the old fireplace? If you do that what will support the chimney? What are you going to put that stove infront of and on?

The first thing that needs to be done is to verify that old chimney meets current class A chimney requirements. There's a good chance that it does not and that it will not pass code. If that is the case it will need to be replaced. Secondly, the H2100M is an insert. It needs to be installed in a fireplace. If the heatilator is removed, what will the insert be installed into?

Bear with us and be patient. You know the details of what is in place, we don't yet.

Last edited:
Seriously, no need to shout. The guy offering up his help is a certified pro and is asking for a reason.

Secondly, the H2100M is an insert. It needs to be installed in a fireplace. If the heatilator is removed, what will the insert be installed into?
It actually can be a freestander also. They make a leg kit for it and it never actually goes into a firebox it just sits in front of it. So that would be ok.

The same thing that supports ANY chimney where a wood-stove is installed to code.
The reason I ask is because most chimneys for zeroclearance fireplaces are triple wall and are only supported by the fireplace. There are no other brackets made to support that type of chimney. If you have a standard class a chimney then you should be able to get the parts needed to support it.

Now as far as taking it apart that will depend on the type of pipe. What make selkirk pipe is it?

Seriously, no need to shout. The guy offering up his help is a certified pro and is asking for a reason. Seriously? (shouting is all caps

It actually can be a freestander also. Curious as it why you are answering a plethora of questions I did not ask and re-researching things I already have.

What make selkirk pipe is it? Selkirk *is* the make. It is Selkirk All Fuel Sure Temp. I just got off the phone with Selkirk and they told me all the things I know from having installed their systems here and elsewhere previously - but/ have not taken any apart. I was hoping for a band removal tool of some sort that they sell in their catalogue.. not .. So/ it is simply racking and applying counter clockwise pressure to get it to unscrew 1/8th turn.. arrrrg I was thinking that perhaps Selkirch had a strap style removal tool or a tried and true trick.

Last edited:
Seriously, no need to shout. The guy offering up his help is a certified pro and is asking for a reason. Seriously? (shouting is all caps

It actually can be a freestander also. Curious as it why you are answering a plethora of questions I did not ask and re-researching things I already have.

What make selkirk pipe is it? Selkirk *is* the make. It is Selkirk All Fuel Sure Temp. I just got off the phone with Selkirk and they told me all the things I know from having installed their systems here and elsewhere previously - but/ have not taken any apart. I was hoping for a band removal tool of some sort that they sell in their catalogue.. not .. So/ it is simply racking and applying counter clockwise pressure to get it to unscrew 1/8th turn.. arrrrg

Yeah I'm gonna say bold enlarged qualifies as shouting. Even the edited version speaks for itself. If you've put them together you aught to know how to take em' apart. Good luck.

And thread closing in 10 . . . 9 . . . 8 . . . 7 . . .

I deleted one of the more objectionable posts in this thread & sent the poster a warning.
We will see if he decides that his first amendment rights have been infringed upon & asks
to be removed from the forums. won't be the first...Some people...*sheesh*

Last edited:
Reactions: bholler and webfish
Wow I guess I missed something.