Regency I2400 Blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baaman

Oct 29, 2011
Central Joisey
Over the past year or so, when running the fan (on low speed) on my Regency I2400 insert, it eventually seems to get out of balance and begins to vibrate loudly. This never happens on the high speed setting (which just runs loudly as part of normal operation). Any idea what is causing this? I never had this problem during the initial 5 years or so of operation.

Also, any advice on how to remove the blower/fan unit from the stove would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance.

It is very likely that you may have a build up of dust, lint, hair, etc. in/on your squirrel cage blower fans. This could create an imbalance and cause vibration.

To remove the blower housing take a look at the attached picture. It's from the Regency website. A page out of the owners manual for the I2400. The blower housing is attached to the lower shelf by a couple of clips. You may have to gently pry the housing away from each side of the lower part of the stove front.

I2400blower.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I did see that page of the manual, however when I tried to pull the housing away from the stove, it did not want to move at all. When you suggest to "gently pry," not sure where to try that. Are you suggesting that I try to slip a flat head screwdriver in from each side and try to pry outward (away from stove)? Since I did not install the blower, I don't have a good feel for how it would unmount. Thanks.

baaman said:
Thanks for the advice. I did see that page of the manual, however when I tried to pull the housing away from the stove, it did not want to move at all. When you suggest to "gently pry," not sure where to try that. Are you suggesting that I try to slip a flat head screwdriver in from each side and try to pry outward (away from stove)? Since I did not install the blower, I don't have a good feel for how it would unmount. Thanks.

You'd probably be better off using a flat pry bar.
Slip it between the insert body & the fan housing
at either side & slowly pry the housing out. The tabs fit
snugly into the slots on the under side of the ashlip...
When you reinstall the assembly, make sure you seat
the thermodisk tightly against the insert body or it won't
function correctly...

Thanks much. That did the trick. Cleaned out all of the dust, grime and cobwebs (6 years' worth) and remounted the fan. Runs like new with no vibration.

Getting good use of the stove today with 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground here in Central NJ.

Plenty of wood to clean up around the neighborhood for tomorrow since most of the trees with leaves have suffered tremendous damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.