Removing corner factory POS to wood stove.....Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming since my POS factory built has a non-class A chimney, that if I get a double or triple wall, I will already have the correct clearances to go through the attic?

So correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming since my POS factory built has a non-class A chimney, that if I get a double or triple wall, I will already have the correct clearances to go through the attic?
You should yes even they didn't meet required clearances for your current pipe the smaller double wall insulated should

You all have been very helpful! Thank you.

Do I need triple or double wall for the attic portion?
You need to use prefab chimney pipe listed to ul 103 ht. That can be double or triple wall but the insulated double wall is a superior product.

And that's not just for the attic. It is for from where the stove pipe hooks to the chimney at the ceiling, all the way up and through the attic then through the roof right to the chimney cap.

You need to use prefab chimney pipe listed to ul 103 ht. That can be double or triple wall but the insulated double wall is a superior product.

And that's not just for the attic. It is for from where the stove pipe hooks to the chimney at the ceiling, all the way up and through the attic then through the roof right to the chimney cap.

Thanks. Yes, then I am planning on getting all double wall from top to bottom.

Thanks. Yes, then I am planning on getting all double wall from top to bottom.
To be clear the pipe from the stove to the ceiling is different than the chimney pipe above

How is it different? Cant I just run double wall all the way up? Or do I need single wall stove pipe from stove to ceiling?
You use connector pipe from the stove to the ceiling that can be double or single wall. Double wall connector pipe needs 6" of clearance single wall needs 18". Then you would have a support box that hold the chimney pipe above which usually needs 2" of clearance.

Reactions: T-roy_
How is it different? Cant I just run double wall all the way up? Or do I need single wall stove pipe from stove to ceiling?

You should do some research on what stove pipe is, and what chimney is, and make sure you know what is what before you plan, buy, or demo anything. 'Double wall' can be stove pipe, or chimney. And they are worlds different.

You should do some research on what stove pipe is, and what chimney is, and make sure you know what is what before you plan, buy, or demo anything. 'Double wall' can be stove pipe, or chimney. And they are worlds different.

Thank you.
I am planning on purchasing everything from local Lowes, as they are the closest and I get 10% off. I am planning on either single or double wall stove pipe from stove to ceiling box, then double insulated chimney the rest of the way. I believe they sell "Supervent" .

After drawing and measuring things last night, I think the Summers Heat pipe placement will be a bit different from the original that is there. Do you recommend doing 2-45* before the ceiling or can I go straight to the ceiling and ceiling box then do my 45*s to the original hole through the roof?

Thank you.
I am planning on purchasing everything from local Lowes, as they are the closest and I get 10% off. I am planning on either single or double wall stove pipe from stove to ceiling box, then double insulated chimney the rest of the way. I believe they sell "Supervent" .

After drawing and measuring things last night, I think the Summers Heat pipe placement will be a bit different from the original that is there. Do you recommend doing 2-45* before the ceiling or can I go straight to the ceiling and ceiling box then do my 45*s to the original hole through the roof?
It will be much cheaper and easier to offset below the ceiling with the connector pipe.