Replace hinge on Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hamb0t

Nov 24, 2017
Massachusetts
The hopper lid on my Harman Accentra Insert no longer stays open and I’m looking to replace the hinge. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to remove and replace the hinge? There are three hex head screws on the bottom the the hopper (pictured) which are rusted on and stripped, and I’d like to see some verification that they need to be removed before I spend too much time on it... The owner’s manuals I found online are no use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• A8B6912A-F71E-44B7-8200-02E87168C3F2.jpeg
    A8B6912A-F71E-44B7-8200-02E87168C3F2.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 256
The hopper lid on my Harman Accentra Insert no longer stays open and I’m looking to replace the hinge. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to remove and replace the hinge? There are three hex head screws on the bottom the the hopper (pictured) which are rusted on and stripped, and I’d like to see some verification that they need to be removed before I spend too much time on it... The owner’s manuals I found online are no use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I do not know,and none of the stove repair guys have answered you,I would reccomend you call mountain view hearth products,they can give you an answer,they are very helpful.