respond to this letter from Kerry about renewables?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Like It Hot said:
if Gore was in office would the energy policy be that much different? He didnt get green until he lost the election.
Not to be ashcan-y, but I had to address this big lie. If you knew anything about Al Gore, you'd know that he has been concerned about the environment for a couple decades at least. He personally wrote a book about environmental issues. It was published BEFORE he was ever vice president. Hubby and I reviewed it. I assure you that if Al Gore was president (like he should be!) energy policy would NOT have been decided behind closed doors by oil company executives. He is really, truly concerned.

Why then is he using as much electricity in a month as you and I do in a year?
Carbon credits are a bunch of BS, look into it, you ever try to buy carbon credits....... difficult to impossible for the average Joe. He wants to get everyone green so he can make money. He buys carbon credits into a company he formed.
Green? Green as the money in his pocket.

babalu87 said:
Some Like It Hot said:
if Gore was in office would the energy policy be that much different? He didnt get green until he lost the election.
Not to be ashcan-y, but I had to address this big lie. If you knew anything about Al Gore, you'd know that he has been concerned about the environment for a couple decades at least. He personally wrote a book about environmental issues. It was published BEFORE he was ever vice president. Hubby and I reviewed it. I assure you that if Al Gore was president (like he should be!) energy policy would NOT have been decided behind closed doors by oil company executives. He is really, truly concerned.

Why then is he using as much electricity in a month as you and I do in a year?
Carbon credits are a bunch of BS, look into it, you ever try to buy carbon credits....... difficult to impossible for the average Joe. He wants to get everyone green so he can make money. He buys carbon credits into a company he formed.
Green? Green as the money in his pocket.

I agree. I heard an analogy the other day...what if a fat lard-ass didn't want to stop eating and instead payed "fat credits" to a another person who then ate LESS to compensate for the excess the lard-ass ate..........I'll bet that 100% of people would laugh at that and think it a foolish idea....WELL...that's exactly what Gore is doing....instead of food, his gluttonous excess is "electricity" and to try to appease his conscience and make himself appear "green", he buys "carbon offsets" but only from his OWN company...that way he can appear to be green without really costing himself anything.......

If after the above example, people don't now see Gore for the hypocrite that he is, well, then I guess John Wayne had it right when he said "life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid"......

Well, you might quote John Wayne, but my dad told me that people who got their jollies out of putting down others - well, suffice it to say they often have nothing better to do! And, they rarely meet up to their own standards.

And, BTW, "credits" of these types are used every day to offset pollution, develop land and in many other instances. Trying to simplify everything so that it makes sense in a "talk radio moment" may be fun, but it's not always educational.

Webmaster said:
Well, you might quote John Wayne, but my dad told me that people who got their jollies out of putting down others - well, suffice it to say they often have nothing better to do! And, they rarely meet up to their own standards.

And, BTW, "credits" of these types are used every day to offset pollution, develop land and in many other instances. Trying to simplify everything so that it makes sense in a "talk radio moment" may be fun, but it's not always educational.

Web,

please tell me and other forum members that you aren't "blind" to what Gore is doing and saying........he tells US what to do but won't practice these same policies himself......don't know where you were raised or what you were taught makes sense, but from where I come from, these people are hypocrits and we: 1) don't vote for them and 2) don't associate with the likes of them....... what do you think?

BTW. Christ would disagree with you and your father.....Christ said something like not to judge the person but you have an obligation to judge their actions........

All I'm doing is judging Gores actions.......do you have a problem with that and if so, why?

Based on their respective homes, President Bush is the greenest of all. Frankly, it doesnt matter who the President is , BIG OIL continues to run this country as it has since the Nixon administration and until more of us are willing to try and do something about it we will all continue to be victimized by it. I read in the Boston Globe (I know they are a political rag but its free at work) this week that the price of oil has dropped this week................ why did the price of gas go up????????
Oh, I know price fixing for profit. Anyone try to put a wood boiler in a truck?

Buying into carbon credits isnt helping clean up the power plants that he is sucking all the energy out of is it? Sad, Cadillac Deval said he would be "out and about" less due to his wifes "depression" yet he is as of right now expanding his mansion in the Berkshires.......... ugh I dont know anyone that could build a home without being there.
When you have the ability to stay home and give support to your wife, thats depression.
When you do what you can but still have to pay the bills, thats toughing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.