Saw popped and quit ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
Like I said the Husky 61 popped and quit ,not a loud pop
I was cutting, checked gas ,pretty much empty, filled it up , took a few pulls to start, started cutting , it did it again, started it up 3 more times ,ran 3-4 minutes let it idle and it just quit each time but no more popping.
I haven't looked at air filter or any thing yet .
What do ya think the problem is ;?

Not sure - especially about the 'pop' - any chance it's overheating? Cooling fins real dirty or running lean? Might be a fuel issue since it will start but die quickly - I'd at least check fuel related fixes. Ignition issue - coil or plug going bad? Just some guesses - smarter people will have other suggestions! Good luck! Cheers!

Tank breather? Try opening the tank immediately after it quits, and listen as you unscrew the cap. Does it pull air? Was the tank under vacuum?

Tank breather? Try opening the tank immediately after it quits, and listen as you unscrew the cap. Does it pull air? Was the tank under vacuum?
When the tank was empty I could here air as I opened it, opened it again after it ran a little with full tank ,no air.
Adjusted carb a few days ago, since then it idles fast until it warms up
Plug is 2 months old

Adjusted carb a few days ago, since then it idles fast until it warms up

Well, I'm no chainsaw mechanic, but I do troubleshoot complex systems for a living. When there's a new type of failure, look at recent history.

Well, I'm no chainsaw mechanic, but I do troubleshoot complex systems for a living. When there's a new type of failure, look at recent history.

Thanks
maybe I got it, lean not sure , have to check n look at it
I didn't take much time screwing with it ,just got out the other saw n went back to work

Status
Not open for further replies.