Scotland launches 4-500MW tidal project

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I use to go fishing on the North Sea. One of the roughest seas on the planet.

Off shore is not to be sniffed at.

Hope they over engineer.

Is this the site that Prince Charles was involved in? I think I remember something about the seabed belonging to the Crown or something...

It belongs to the "Crown Estate" - essentially the money goes to the government. The majority of Crown lands are in reality government land, it's only a few areas (the Duchy of Lancaster and that of Cornwall) that are personal property of the royal family.

Hi All

I do think for a long time already what the implications are for earth when we take energy from wind, in my eyes taking energy from
space is not healthy but i can be wrong. Do wind not change or even climate when wind has barriers like windmils, especially on sea
it can disturb in my eyes the jetstreams and change things.

There is a very safe alternative, that is nuclear energy in the form of thorium, it can even eat the uranium deposits we already have
a meld down is impossible, because it is already liquid and when disaster it drains simple away in a underground tank, it is so safe
it can just be in populated area.

Thorium is available for thousand of years, population grow included.

regards

kees

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.