Screwed by firewood seller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
You can sell one stick if you want to. A measure is what both partys agree to
That's the problem, though. You can do that, but not legally. Most states (that I have seen) say that it has to be measured in Cords. If the buyer ain't mad about it then it just doesn't get reported.

Guess all the gas station grocery stores lowes home depot Menards, are all going to jail...Just saying! No law that I have ever heard of.

smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
That's the problem, though. You can do that, but not legally. Most states (that I have seen) say that it has to be measured in Cords. If the buyer ain't mad about it then it just doesn't get reported.

Guess all the gas station grocery stores lowes home depot Menards, are all going to jail...Just saying! No law that I have ever heard of.
Yeah, you are right, wonder why they are allowed to do that?

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:

Yeah, you are right, wonder why they are allowed to do that?

They clearly mark it as firewood...I would never sell to people heating there house. Just is not worth it to them or me. I will sell to bbq or the back yard burners only. Kinda a spin off quads gig. Small amouts only!

Washington says this on their weights and measurements page:
"Only packaged wood, such as kindling or a very small bundle of firewood, may be sold by the cubic foot or a fraction of a cubic foot."

Maybe other states do that, too. I don't remember Illinois saying that.

spacecowboyIV said:
Nate Finch said:
When can kids start helping stack wood? Is 8 weeks old too early? ;)

Stacking wood should come around the 8 month mark. Don't allow splitting until 11 months though, they just don't have the strength until then. Always under supervision of course.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Yg9GxL9iNWY/ToyL66Tb8ZI/AAAAAAAAAFc/XTePwlr9yA8/s640/100_2460.JPG

In a couple more months he'll be able to get the whole way through in one swing. Nice try, kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.