Seeking wood stove to insert in old shallow fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mfarley270

Sep 14, 2021
Canada
Hi all,

I recently purchased a house with two old shallow fireplaces.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wood stoves with a depth of less than 15 inches? Many are available in the UK but not EPA certified and may be difficult to import and insure.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I have mentioned that on here. I watch Escape to the Country from the UK. Lots of small, tall ones in fireplaces.

I have a small Lopi Answer. Depth is 16".

Will you be installing two woodstoves?
What is the height and width of the fireplaces? In what condition are the chimneys? Do the fireplaces curve inwards in the back?
Some photos would help.
Drolet has a small insert, the Escape 1500-I, here are the dimensions (a PDF):

Hi all,

I recently purchased a house with two old shallow fireplaces.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wood stoves with a depth of less than 15 inches? Many are available in the UK but not EPA certified and may be difficult to import and insure.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Please post a few pictures if you can, of the fireplaces and chimneys, that will help us to give you the best answers :D

Need full dimensions of the fireplace. H & W, front and rear, and depth at top and bottom.