Selkirk adapter for Duravent pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

luvatenor

Feb 19, 2017
Oregon
I had a wood stove with Selkirk pipe running through the roof. I took out the wood stove and am replacing it with a Breckwell Big E unit. The Selkirk double wall pipe extends about 12 inches into the living room. The Big E came with Duravent piping- Is there an adapter that I can use my Duravent pipe with the Selkirk pipe? Otherwise I will have to use Selkirk pipe exclusively -Thanks for your help-Rolf

Attachments

• 100_2188.JPG
    100_2188.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 355
I DONT mix different brands. I am not saying it cannot be done, but I would not want to risk my house and my family over this.

Take the 6 in. stove pipe and the stove pipe adapter off
the 6in class a chimney . install a 6 to 4 in pipe adapter and
install your supplied pipe

There is no Selkirk to Duravent adapter. Return the Duravent or take out the Selkirk. :)