Severe Weather 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I do not have to defend it because you will in the future find out for yourselves. One question--Are people censored or not by the news media? This is a serious affair for our wonderful country and against the constitution as well..clancey

I do not have to defend it because you will in the future find out for yourselves. One question--Are people censored or not by the news media? This is a serious affair for our wonderful country and against the constitution as well..clancey
No people are not censored by the news media. I completely agree there are problems with the media and the clear bias from both sides. But the news media doesn't censor people they choose what they want to report on. That is their right I don't agree that many only cover one side of the issue but that is not censorship. Btw can you tell us where in the constitution it says the news media can't choose what to report on their platform? I don't remember ever reading that passage.

I am not asking you to defend anything. Just trying to understand where this idea came from.

The heavy rains stayed south of us, we never received any high winds or lightning so that was good. We did get some good rains but not the half inch they were calling for.

We received some heavy rains that we needed, it would've been nice for an all night soaking rain but we'll take it.

Bone dry here for the last 55 days and counting. They got some rain up north, but not a drop here.

Bone dry here for the last 55 days and counting. They got some rain up north, but not a drop here.
I hope you get some soon, we had a very dry spring and the start of the summer but July was a wet month that we needed.

The Brook water level is still down and most of the time August is very dry, hopefully that isn't the case this year.

Thanks. Unfortunately, it looks like we are in for a week of hot, dry weather. No rain in sight. We had decent rain in spring, but then it all dried up. Drought is stressful on the trees. Some leaves are already starting to fall and they are not turning color, just brown.

We're in much the same boat. We've had rain a couple times since the beginning of June but I don't think we got more than 3/4" of an inch total. At least the fire hazard has come down a bit though. Many of the area farmers are in rough shape, lots of crops are drying out and dying. It's going to be a tough year for many, but our local farmers still have something to harvest, some of the farms down south will just plow the fields under and start over in spring, not enough crop to harvest to bother bringing out the combines.

Opposite here... hot record breaking Temps and dry spring, late frost (may29th) dty June. And then hasn't stopped raining since. Last 3 weeks of July brought over 12" of rain here. Vegetable fields have suffered badly from too much rain, soybeans are spotty depending g on local rain amounts and the corn looks like another bumper crop like last year. The wheat harvest went well also. Go 50 miles either way and as always it's usually a different story.......

We got a decent summer rain here overnight, grass is still green (not irrigated) in about 50% of the yard. Still have to mow it. Kids back in school in 3 weeks.

We got 1.2" over the last 7 days, which is a lot for an area that averages just over 13" a year. And it was 43 degrees this morning, so a very welcome change from our second hottest July ever.

We got a decent summer rain here overnight, grass is still green (not irrigated) in about 50% of the yard. Still have to mow it. Kids back in school in 3 weeks.
You're lucky. My friends up north WA got 1" of rain and SeaTac reported .01" which technically breaks the rainless spell, but nothing here. The lawn and field are brown and crunchy. All I mow are dandelions.

Reactions: Highbeam
We're dry here in SW Virginia.
It seems I made two good decisions last year; to take down about 45 eastern red cedar trees near our house and to overseed our lawn with some clover. Since good decisions are rare around here I'm gloating a bit in that I feel a little better about our survival come a wildfire, and that we actually have some green in the yard - apparently clover is fairly drought-resistant.
I see rain on the forecast horizon but admit I've been fooled by that before.

You're lucky. My friends up north WA got 1" of rain and SeaTac reported .01" which technically breaks the rainless spell, but nothing here. The lawn and field are brown and crunchy. All I mow are dandelions.

2018 was like that here. Burnt grass that stopped growing due to months without rain, and mowing the weeds resulted in a cloud of dust. They kept saying we were in drought this year but I say no way. My grass was always green and never quit growing.

Just wanted to post my favorite source for tropical weather info.
I have followed Dr Levi for over 10 years. no sensationalism just a great description of what is happening and what could possibly happen. His you tube videos are great. as the forecasts for Heni Move westward its worth a checking his latest video out if you are in New England.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/

Tornado Watch​

WATCH COUNTY NOTIFICATION FOR WATCH 510
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
554 PM EDT WED SEP 22 2021

PAC039-049-230200-
/O.CON.KCLE.TO.A.0510.000000T0000Z-210923T0200Z/

TORNADO WATCH 510 REMAINS VALID UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR
THE FOLLOWING AREAS

IN PENNSYLVANIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 2 COUNTIES

IN NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA

CRAWFORD ERIE

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF ERIE, MEADVILLE, AND TITUSVILLE.

$$

Hazardous Weather Outlook​

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Cleveland OH
633 PM EDT Wed Sep 22 2021

LEZ149-169-PAZ001>003-232245-
Conneaut OH to Ripley NY-
Conneaut OH to Ripley NY beyond 5 nm off shoreline to US-
Canadian border-Northern Erie-Southern Erie-Crawford-
633 PM EDT Wed Sep 22 2021

...TORNADO WATCH 510 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Lake Erie and northwest
Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Tonight.

Please listen to NOAA Weather Radio or go to weather.gov on the
Internet for more information about the following hazards.

Tornado Watch.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

$$

If you're in these areas, keep an eye on the sky.

Stay Safe
page-13.jpg

page-2-7.jpg

page-3-7.jpg

Reactions: Grizzerbear
If you're in these areas, keep an eye on the sky.

Yea I just checked on the local weather station forecast. They have been talking all week about a chance of hail, high winds and tornado chance being elevated tomorrow night into Monday. I'll take the rain cause we can certainly use it. Hope the other stuff doesn't materialize though. Either way it's looking like it will usher in some actual fall temps finally. Hopefully this is summer's last hoo-rah down here.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Yea I just checked on the local weather station forecast. They have been talking all week about a chance of hail, high winds and tornado chance being elevated tomorrow night into Monday. I'll take the rain cause we can certainly use it. Hope the other stuff doesn't materialize though. Either way it's looking like it will usher in some actual fall temps finally. Hopefully this is summer's last hoo-rah down here.
We need the rain in our area too, the winds we don't.

When we first started burning shoulder season wood, we would start burning on September 15. Last year it was September 25 and this year even though we've had some fires, it's warmer than usual so we're hoping the cooler weather gets here soon.

Stay Safe
Zap

When will it hit your area?
weatherstory.PNG

sun-tor-sig-768x432.jpg
Looks like a pretty good chance of tornadoes tomorrow evening with large hail and 75+ mph downburst winds for the area. We were under a flash flood warning earlier today from some hard rain the first half of the day.

View attachment 283851
Looks like a pretty good chance of tornadoes tomorrow evening with large hail and 75+ mph downburst winds for the area. We were under a flash flood warning earlier today from some hard rain the first half of the day.
Stay safe.

Stay safe.

We've got a storm shelter so we are better off than most folks around here. For an area that receives tornadoes regularly you would probably be surprised at how very few people have some where to go in case of a tornado. In any case it looks like the system will be through before dark which is good. The tornadoes that occur late at night are always the worst.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It's still 43 tonight with the house just above 71 so we won't have a fire tonight. We'll have one tomorrow morning with another day of rain forecast for our area.