Severe Weather 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is this possible Lake Effect coming our way?
hd19-6.jpg

Much of the northern Plains and Upper Midwest will likely be shielded from precipitation as a dip in the jet stream steers the storm around to the Northeast instead, but areas by the Great Lakes should keep an eye out this week.

"It is that time of year where these systems have the potential for some decent snowfall due to the available moisture during the fall months," Rinde added.

This flow, in combination with the cold air in place over the Great Lakes, can also cause some lake-effect snow, especially off the northwestern Great Lakes.

"Some of this snow could accumulate in the overnight hours," added Roys.

As the week comes to a close, the potential for storms continues across the region, especially in southern areas.

"There is the potential for another round of enhanced precipitation across the southern Plains, Gulf Coast and Southeast next weekend as a storm tracks eastward," said Roys.

They’ve been saying that starting Monday we will be getting snow mix all week. Not unusual for November though. There was snow mix 2 weeks ago in the higher elevations when I was out looking at fall colors.

image-10.png

3f.jpg

FE-3H.jpg

2f-1-1.jpg

image1.png

It looks like it could get nasty in some areas.

They call it Winterpeg for good reason. I was there once and the howling wind in the downtown was unforgettably cold....looks like we should dodge this first storm for the most part.

Reactions: thewoodlands
They call it Winterpeg for good reason. I was there once and the howling wind in the downtown was unforgettably cold....looks like we should dodge this first storm for the most part.
We might get some 40 mph winds tonight, we'll see how much rain we get.

Beautiful weather here and tomorrow almost 70 degrees and will take a road trip to another area to check it out with a friend..snow coming to the north area "somewhere" and cold and wind..clancey

I am 30 kms south of Gimli. Power was out all night. Good timing I had the stove installed. Plow got stuck and had to be towed right in front of my house. With the mild weather that really chewed up my road out.

You must be around petersfield?

Sorry. Just south of Winnipeg Beach.

Power out here for the past 8 hrs. Fortunately, it came on again right at dark. Lots of flooding in western WA , but fortunately we are on high ground and not near any rivers.

Power out here for the past 8 hrs. Fortunately, it came on again right at dark. Lots of flooding in western WA , but fortunately we are on high ground and not near any rivers.
I saw that on TWC, it looks real bad. I'm glad you're high and dry.

The flooding in British Columbia is substantial and causing hoarding due to infrastructure failure. Highways and rail sidelined for a considerable time frame.

The flooding in British Columbia is substantial and causing hoarding due to infrastructure failure. Highways and rail sidelined for a considerable time frame.
That's some crazy rainfall totals.
rain1116a.jpg

These winds are crazy too.
10c-2.jpg

Yea I heard a lot of that stuff on the news here in CO especially those winds as well as water and all I could do was to say prayers for our members who live in the area of the storms..clancey

British Columbia Cars & Coffee for disaster relief. Just saw this posted a VW Facebook group I'm on.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2021 AT 1 PM – 4 PM EST​

Emergency Cars & Coffee​

18446 53 Ave, Surrey BC

Some possible high winds coming to certain areas.
hd25-35.jpeg

TraveDelaysSuToWed18Nov2p.png

WindTues19Nov3p.jpg

WedWinds19Nov10a.jpg

I think the weather forecast changed their minds about the major storms coming--not sure but that's the drift that I am getting--few storms but not too bad now..??? clancey

We might have some snow hit us starting tomorrow , hopefully I get some dead downed pine moved along with some rocks, stumps and after that I'll put the plow on the tractor.
StormTotalSnow.jpg

Reactions: Grizzerbear
WindMonNE2Dec.jpg

We'll see if this hits our area our maybe the forecast changes. We're in the 30-50 mph zone.

They have us getting some high winds, hope it doesn't happen.

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Burlington VT
247 PM EST Fri Dec 10 2021

NYZ026-027-029>031-087-111000-
/O.NEW.KBTV.HW.W.0001.211211T2200Z-211212T0900Z/
Northern St. Lawrence-Northern Franklin-Southeastern St. Lawrence-
Southern Franklin-Western Clinton-Southwestern St. Lawrence-
Including the cities of Massena, Malone, Star Lake, Saranac Lake,
Tupper Lake, Dannemora, Ogdensburg, Potsdam, and Gouverneur
247 PM EST Fri Dec 10 2021

...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM SATURDAY TO 4 AM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
expected.

* WHERE...Saint Lawrence County, Franklin County, and western
Clinton Counties in northern New York.

* WHEN...From 5 PM Saturday to 4 AM EST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wind gusts will be strongest Saturday
evening, then gradually wane to 30 to 40 mph after midnight.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if
you must drive.