Should have been on the boat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrCRXHF

Burning Hunk
Apr 28, 2008
Mid, Michigan
Well i should have been on the boat but instead i was working on getting this wood put away before the winter. I so hate splitting wood when its 85F and sunny.

1146313_10151551159151922_342520445_o.jpg

1146796_10151551159591922_1550205101_o.jpg

But i made my self some good dinner when i was done.

1150826_10151551294971922_626484531_n.jpg

also split the easy ones by hand.

1102595_10151542546926922_684294513_o.jpg

Winter is a ways away for you,
above 80°, head for the boat :)

Nice pics ;)

Reactions: ScotO and JrCRXHF
Nice splittin'.

Reactions: ScotO and JrCRXHF
The trees not to far north from here have been changing already. So i hope we are going to be warm for a while but i want to get all the wood out of the way drying before the snow hits.

Fall is good drying weather and i am going to need this wood start of 2015 if the winter is hard.

I think I would have went for the boat ;) Good days work tho!!

looks like some nice sass in bottom pic?

nice, honest day of work there! And hard work deserved a hearty meal, looks like you got all bases covered!
I like the bungee around the big round trick......I've seen it before and have tried it once or twice....works well on the easy big rounds!

The trees not to far north from here have been changing already. So i hope we are going to be warm for a while but i want to get all the wood out of the way drying before the snow hits.

Fall is good drying weather and i am going to need this wood start of 2015 if the winter is hard.

One does not have to go north to see lots of leaf changing colors. It is amazing how much has changed in the last 2 weeks. Now with the return of summer, it looks odd. Hopefully this heat spell won't last long.

Reactions: JrCRXHF
Id take out the boat before I stacked it. I split 1/2 cord today too, could afford to sweat off a couple of pounds though.

I don't know whats better- all that wood or all that butter on the potatoe :eek:

Reactions: Gark
When I split and stack in hot weather, I try to think about how fast the splits will be blowing off moisture.....while I am doing the same in the heat. <>

Nice asparagus rounds!

if i would have had butter in the house....
That, my friend, is a grave oversight, on the order of not having enough wood drying for the '14 season. That 'tater and them spears cry out for butter! ==c You had some pepper and a little salt for the 'tater, right??

looks like some nice sass in bottom pic?
Bark and wood looks more like some kind of Maple to me, especially with that spalting. Inner bark would be more orange on Sass, and he sure would be able to ID it from the smell. ==c

Mostly big splits. I can tell you were getting hot! Seems like the hotter it is the larger my splits get!

Mostly big splits. I can tell you were getting hot! Seems like the hotter it is the larger my splits get!

Yeah some were getting big towards the end i also try to make two different stacks when i stack them i keep the big ones for the over night load and the smaller ones for starting and bring the house up to temp. I also stack the big ones on the outside row so they can get the most sun.

Reactions: Mitch Newton
That wood is just about all maple there is some ash in there too but i have most of the ash done already.

The pile to the left is some pine the wife picked up on the side of the road. (free BTU's are free BTU's)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yeah this weekend is working on the diesel and pit crew for my buddies chump car race. Next weekend is boating weekend i hope the weather is good.

80's for the next 10 days

Status
Not open for further replies.