Should I or shouldn't I ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldmountvernon said:
nailed_nailer said:
Hoss,

I like how you think. :)

I live in a small (900 sq ft) converted cottage.
The ceilings are cathedral and I have added as much insulation as I can.
The windows are new (although there are a few I will be removing soon)
For a kit cottage built in the late '50s it is about as tight as it is going to get.

So its decided then......
Shop for a new stove.
Best price I have so far is $3K

Anyone know of an online deal. Not looking for any kind of service past MFG warranty?

---Nailer---

called dealer in my area today for the m55 cast $ 3879.00

You should be able to get the M55 Cast for less. Two of us here on Long Island bought them and paid less than that. Is that price for the painted black or an enamel?

The mtVernon Ae @ 3200.00 is the way im most likely going

You can also check out Regency's CG60 Hampton. Same stove as the M55-cast. Just a different badge on it. Made by Sherwood Industries. Depending on dealer mark up, I have heard teh CG60 is a bit less cash. If you looking to save a couple more bucks? There is the M55 steel and VistaFlame VF55. Not as pretty as the cast version, But a brute of a heater. Larger hopper and ash pan.

DexterDay said:
kykel said:
My votes for the M55cast FS which I proudly own. I want to beat the 59 bags. Im pushing 30 with no cleaning but the glass. It kills me to not clean it.Its like a new car. want it to stay shiny and clean. Any way its 55,000 btus and heats up to 2500 sq ft. Again thats in a perfect world.This is my second stove and its night and day in comparison. I wanted the look with a quality stove and I believe this is it. I think its a steal for the price. I paid 3200. Enjoy the search.

Pics or it never happened. I can say I burned 70 in my Quad. But pics of the glass and what you can see of the burnpot (after 30 bags its hard to see through) and the residuals in the liner and other spots in the firebox..

Start a thread about it (if... it really happened) and ask for competitors? ? Last year it was a competition between Eric at Kinsman Stoves and imacman.

I wanna see pics. You learned how to post them. Now lets see'em.

IMHO, The cast doesn't have a big enough ash pan to challenge imacman's current mark. But the M55 steel does. There are few stoves that might have a good chance at beating him. M55 steel-Vista Flame VF55-Omegas and the Maxx M. Maybe do a rematch with imacman and with a rule of just running Hamers. ;-)

kykel, The "rule" is no opening the door at all for anything! So unfortunately, You lost already.

j-takeman said:
Maybe do a rematch with imacman and with a rule of just running Hamers ;-)

kykel, The "rule" is no opening the door at all for anything! So unfortunately, You lost already.

HAHA....if you guys supply the Hamers, I'm game, but you'll have no shot. I did that "competition" last year with cheap shoulder pellets. Use Hamers this time???.....that's even less ash.....hmmmm....maybe 75 bags this time?

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
Maybe do a rematch with imacman and with a rule of just running Hamers ;-)

HAHA....if you guys supply the Hamers, I'm game, but you'll have no shot. I did that "competition" last year with cheap shoulder pellets. Use Hamers this time???.....that's even less ash.....hmmmm....maybe 75 bags this time?

Didn't you stove "choke" on the Hamers? ;-) A choke or flame out would be game over.

j-takeman said:
Didn't you stove "choke" on the Hamers? ;-) A choke or flame out would be game over.

No, have only burned a few test bags of them in the stove, and besides that, I don't ever remember having the stove go out on any pellet after it was running 24/7. Worst thing that happened was the clinkers I got from the Barefoots, but that was after the competition, I think, and the stove kept running, just not well.

But then again, I have a swiss cheese memory, so anything's possible. :lol:

imacman said:
j-takeman said:

No, have only burned a few test bags of them in the stove, and besides that, I don't ever remember having the stove go out on any pellet after it was running 24/7. Worst thing that happened was the clinkers I got from the Barefoots, but that was after the competition, I think, and the stove kept running, just not well.

But then again, I have a swiss cheese memory, so anything's possible. :lol:

You suffer from CRS these days? I didn't think that stuff hit until you get into your mid eighties.

My dealer has the M55 cast for $3500 and the M55 steel for $3200.

Status
Not open for further replies.