Show me your Ugly!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Killing the jokes now, no, don't show me your real "ugly". We don't want any part of that lol.

I thought winter was over after a few 60 degree days, but we have dropped back down to single digits for several days, and 2 feet of snow on the way this week, I was forced to move some more wood in. Today I moved about a cord inside, but in the process I ran into a few uglies and took a pic. This is by far not best/worst ugly I have ever had, but I've never been compelled to take a photo of them either. Show me your best ugly!

Show me your Ugly!

Show me your Ugly!

This came in the house about a week ago. My wife hasn't wanted to burn it because she thought it was so cool looking. I cut some well aged blow down from the tree line in a neighbors yard. Very dry: the most I can get it to register is in the 1-3% range.
Show me your Ugly!
Show me your Ugly!
Show me your Ugly!
Show me your Ugly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay106n
Reactions: saewoody
Show me your Ugly!

... or did you mean this?

Show me your Ugly!