Sink not draining. ( updated 1/20)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good job. glad to hear it's working good. personally i hate playing plumber, it's always 10 trips to the hardware store<>

I think removing the empty Diet Pepsi bottle was what did the trick. ;)

good job. glad to hear it's working good. personally i hate playing plumber, it's always 10 trips to the hardware store<>

Same here . . . plumbing is that one skill I cannot master for the life of me . . . and it doesn't seem to matter if it's copper, CPVC or what have you . . . somehow I always make a bazillion trips to the hardware store and somehow I never manage to get the job done right without leaking on the first try . . . well, nix that . . . I did get it right on the first go once . . . and then I fretted for half a day, convinced I had somehow messed up and it would let go on me at 2 in the morning.

I sort of solved the multiple-trips-to-the-store thing. I buy just about everything I might possibly need, then return the stuff I don't use next time I'm there. They don't mind, it all comes back in good shape, and I avoid too many trips.

I think the vent I stuck in the middle was the trick.. Definitely can hear the air when the sinks drain. Even the dishwasher is draining better.

That vent shouldn't be doing anything if I see the picture correctly. The vent is supposed to be on the lower side of the trap. Where it is it is doing the same thing as the drains themselves. If that vent IS necessary there, then there is a problem with the actual drain in the sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.