so how do I find a great stove in the off season when I CAN'T find one ever local

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a sketch of what could be done.

Hearth frame.png

I looked at at what they had , none of the models you mentioned were there

My space can't handle a larger stove than about 2.0 cu ft & even then it can't be deep

Its in a main walk way & currenty I think the Resoute ain't kosher. Been their since 94 me, since 2005

View attachment 105432
just a thought but if you use a stove that only requires ember protection and switch your plans from laminate floor to tile floor you would be all set (get rid of the 'hearth' that's already there and just tile everything, no hearth to get in the way of your walk path

I'll post some better pics & start a new thread .

My hearth now also serves another stove not seen in photo

& is bricked into chimney , I know anything is possiable

Just didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

But thanks will look at it that way when I get back home

I'm always open to options

Found another problem , need to change wall corner into a non cumbustable

Now I gotta get back lookin for that magic wand

Cheers

I find it good to keep one's mind open to all options before deciding on a plan of execution. It took me 10 yrs of thinking before finally deciding to blitz our fireplace and reverse the living room layout. It was a good plan and has worked out great.

I'll post some better pics & start a new thread .

My hearth now also serves another stove not seen in photo

& is bricked into chimney ,

Does that mean you have two stoves right next to each other? Does that not get too hot? I hope they are not using the same flue...

Does that mean you have two stoves right next to each other? Does that not get too hot? I hope they are not using the same flue...

no & no

that why I need pics

need better light & you may understand

currently got other problems

cheers

I find it good to keep one's mind open to all options before deciding on a plan of execution. It took me 10 yrs of thinking before finally deciding to blitz our fireplace and reverse the living room layout. It was a good plan and has worked out great.

gee only got 9 more

if I only live that long==c

cheers

In your whole life you should have as much fun as BG had demolishing that chimney. ;lol

;lol LOL. Fun is not how I would have described it at the time, but it came down pretty quickly. That fun paled compared to the next step of raising the house 6 ft in the air.

;lol LOL. Fun is not how I would have described it at the time, but it came down pretty quickly. That fun paled compared to the next step of raising the house 6 ft in the air.

Can I rent that wand of your sounds like a good one

Still looking for mine / I'll even even pay shipping , both ways ? ; )

Cheers

It has secret powers that can get out of hand. If I lent it to you I would have to kill you afterward. That certainly would not be nice.

fireplace_gone_web.jpg bye bye fireplace pile-o-bricks_web.jpg now let's wave that wand House_raising-020web.jpg

Wave it one more time. july_pics-001web.jpg Ahhh.

Magic always comes with a price, so I've heard

Bet your glad that's over

Looks like $$$$$

Yes, definitely glad it's over, but it was worth it.

;lol LOL. That fun paled compared to the next step of raising the house 6 ft in the air.

In this area that's usually only done for houses that have had flooding problems (near creeks and rivers in flood plains).

No flooding chance here. If there was only Noah would be able to get out! The house got a new foundation and raised 3 ft. Now we have a great crawlspace AND it's varmint free.

Have you checked CL today? A pretty nice VC Encore (newer) that is listed under Akron CL. A little pricey, but its the offseason. They will have it for awhile. If your the only one interested and they wanna sell it??

Just got a Castile pellet stove for $300 (plus $60 delivery) this past weekend. The guy drove from PA to deliver it (2hr and 45 min one way!) It needed a snap disc!! (Gaskets need replacing also, but I will be in it fairly cheap by the time I'm done.

Good deals are out there. Just gotta jump on them.

(I found that stove on CL, but he ended up finding this place and posting it for sale here!)

To Begreen,
Oh. I was just figuring you probably got rid of the chimney realizing that it would make raising the house a lot easier without it.

That definitely was the final decider. It was a mess with old crumbly mortar and had 3 take offs including one with no cap, just sealed over with plaster and lath! An earthquake a few years earlier had rotated the exterior part about 30 degrees, which I repaired. If anyone had tried to use it as a fireplace they could have set the house on fire. We had a pellet insert in it with full liner, so it was still safe for that purpose, but it was time to go.

Wow! Must have been some earthquake to do that. But I now understand the feelings about masonry chimneys. BTW nice looking craftsman style house. And you say you raised it up 6 feet? Surprised you wouldn't have had room for a full height basement, but now I see you raised it 3 feet -- must have raised it 6 to get under there to do the work then lowered it. I guess you had to move out for awhile while they did all that. Quite a project!

$600 for a new 30NC! That deserves a separate thread Fespo. Good find if you live in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.