soffit/overhang under side flashing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmonauts

Jan 15, 2016
Pennsylvania
Hello,

About to finish up my installation with the duraplus triple wall chimney pipe and have run into a little bit of a pickle. I am going through my soffit/overhang and basically just want a piece of flashing on the under side of the overhang where the pipe starts to go through.

I saw on duravents website that they have a "soffit overhang trim plate," however, I cannot seem to find that particular piece anywhere.

The outer diameter of the entire pipe is 10", and even if I could find a piece of flashing with a 10" hole in the middle that would work just fine. Anyone have this sort of issue before? Any advice is appreciate thanks a ton you guys!

Joe

The outer diameter of the entire pipe is 10", and even if I could find a piece of flashing with a 10" hole in the middle that would work just fine. Anyone have this sort of issue before? Any advice is appreciate thanks a ton you guys!
Just get a piece of aluminum flashing or galvanized sheet metal and cut your hole in it. Then paint to match whatever your soffit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.