Solar heat gain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Plowed the drive way (again) this AM.
Sunny finally made it thru the clouds :) :)
Enough heat from the sun to melt the driveway clear where the sun hits.
Snow area is the shaded area from the shop roof line.

Alaskan dog even enjoys the solar heat :)
DSCF0829.JPG

DSCF0831.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
They are saying another 4-8" of snow between now and Wednesday. Dunno, but the sun is nice. Just came in for a break from cleaning off the roofs.

Got one side done on my solar panels at around 1PM... take a look... Waiting for the sun to go down a bit for the other side, was right in my eyes and couldn't see what I was doing.

https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/kqxA100729

Had a little solar gain today too. 83 outside. 84 upstairs and 114 in the attic.

They are saying another 4-8" of snow between now and Wednesday. Dunno, but the sun is nice. Just came in for a break from cleaning off the roofs.

Got one side done on my solar panels at around 1PM... take a look... Waiting for the sun to go down a bit for the other side, was right in my eyes and couldn't see what I was doing.

https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/kqxA100729

You are working hard for your solar power ;)

We have no need for 4 or 8 more inches :confused:

Is the greenhouse starting to warm up Dave?

Nah, I clean all the roofs off anyhow. Keeps the weight off the buildings and no ice dams/leaks.

Is the greenhouse starting to warm up Dave?

Had 80°s in there last week.
This week, cloudy snow. Glad I wasn't ready to put the tomatoes in.
Hoping to plant some tomatoes next week +/-.
If we can say above 20°, I can keep them warm enough.
Need to install a wood stove :)

Do you grow cucumbers? I'd be interested in some if you have excess. I have a black thumb or something, been trying to grow some for several years and either the moose get to them or they just die... too cold maybe?

Do you grow cucumbers? I'd be interested in some if you have excess. I have a black thumb or something, been trying to grow some for several years and either the moose get to them or they just die... too cold maybe?

Yes, I grow sweet success.
cucumbers need a green house ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.