Some one working my scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schlot

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2011
Iowa
Went out this morning to get some cutting in before I had to get ready for Santa. When I arrived I found someone else was working the scrounge I had been working.

I left him be...and since there are plenty of trees I'm not too concerned.

Found some new trees at a local tree dump and will post a picture to see what I found.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Was it 'your' scrounge, or 'a' scrounge? Cheers!

Gary_602z said:
Probably was Zap, He just had a few extra hours on his hands! :lol:

Gary

Quite a haul for Zap......but.....perhaps.......Cheers!

I probably did forget to file my "scrounge" papers at the court house so it probably isn't technically mine. LOL. I must have started a trend though. It lay untouched for a year until I got in there...now it's like the mall....well, ok maybe not quite that busy, but you get the point. Hope Santa finds all of you.

Here is the picture of some of a different tree I found. Any idea of what it is?

Gary_602z said:

Gary

If I start scrounging, the sickness has gone to far. :grrr:

zap

Best to stay on the scrounge until it's gone. Stuff doesn't lay long around my area. It's rough for scrounging.

Is that some sort of birch black birch?

Gary_602z said:

Gary

Ain't that the truth Gary! Thats what the dogs are trained to keep a look out for! ZAP!

Attachments

• IMAG0551.jpg
    IMAG0551.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 431
Just unloaded the truck of that wood. Almost had a sweet smell....very distinct.

Likely black birch,or possibly yellow birch . Good stuff either way.

Does look like a birch.

Status
Not open for further replies.