Sooteater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
All, I see on the Rockford website that they have one (with the white rods) "ideal for flexible liners".
I have a rigid heavy gauge liner. Do you know whether the "for flexible liner" one has softer brushes? (I surmise my rigid liner can handle quite a bit, so the tougher the bristles, the better it is? Or does this not make a difference?)

Also, I can't find the SootEater website. Is Gardus the same? Googling gives me many "similar" kits, and I thought Gardus was such a similar (knock-off).

I rather spend a few tens of dollars more and get the good (and durable) stuff than something that looks the same but really isn't.

So, where did you buy?
Looks like they are the same if you trust this Amazon items picture

E9ACD44D-23E4-4A17-BA17-0738FC7E6372.png

Now if someone could figure out a way to make it move up the chimney by itself and vacuum at the same time.. clancey

Now if someone could figure out a way to make it move up the chimney by itself and vacuum at the same time.. clancey
That would be a chimney sweep company ... ;) That you hire ....

In today's technology I think the chimney sweeps job should be made a lot healthier and easier. Look the people of today have those vacuum cleaners that go all around the floor without a operator having to be there..The sweep either has to get on a roof or stay down below with all the soot floating down as they clean the chimney..Someone will invent a piece of equipment that will cling to the sides of the chimney and scrap it and vacuum it all at the same time going up and down until its nice and clean and the chimney sweep can charge the same price without having to breathe in that stuff as much and get less dirty with the ash and creosote as well. clancey

In today's technology I think the chimney sweeps job should be made a lot healthier and easier. Look the people of today have those vacuum cleaners that go all around the floor without a operator having to be there..The sweep either has to get on a roof or stay down below with all the soot floating down as they clean the chimney..Someone will invent a piece of equipment that will cling to the sides of the chimney and scrap it and vacuum it all at the same time going up and down until its nice and clean and the chimney sweep can charge the same price without having to breathe in that stuff as much and get less dirty with the ash and creosote as well. clancey
I don't breath any dust or have any dust floating around. If I did I would constantly be paying for cleaning services after I swept a chimney. We have very good vacuums that control dust just fine. And I can't imagine a device like that saving me any time at all. The cleaning part typically only takes 5 mins or so.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy