SOTW - Girl Singers Of Any Genre

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Top of my list of many. Virginia Wynette Pugh.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
A queen indeed. I think she looked much better with long hair. But as good as she was, this series does not do her voice the proper honor. Seems that happens with many singers.

Ann Wilson of Heart! Nailed this version of Stairway to Heaven. Brought Robert Plant to tears

I heard a good interview with her. She said this gig scared the crap out of her right up until it was over. Said it felt like she was being sent to read the Bible to Jesus. :eek:

Reactions: Hearth Mistress
The youtube notes say that Led Zep didn't know that John Bonham's son was going to be on the drums that night.

Reactions: fossil
For the record, Ann Wison tops my list of the women "power house" voices too - I never saw that video, what a voice!

There was a GREAT local band in the Philly area in the late 1990's called October Project. The lead singer, Mary Fahl has an AMAZING voice. Granted the band didn't last long but she wrote and sang the theme song "Going Home" from "Gods and Generals" and as had a pretty successful solo career releasing arias and opera-ish CDs for Sony music. She lives in Easton PA and still tours quite a bit. We have seen her a few times and have even met her. If you don't know her, look her up and listen to her soulful, hypnotic voice...nice lookin' too :)

Yep. Joplin had a piece of my heart.

I really likes Faith Hill's cover of it too but many people treat like it is sacrilege. :confused:

All I have to say about Grace Slick is "Oh Baby!".
Here you go BB...come to Philly, she paints now and runs a Rock-n-Roll art gallery!
image.jpg

Yep. Joplin had a piece of my heart.

I really likes Faith Hill's cover of it too but many people treat like it is sacrilege. :confused:

Sammy Hagar has a killer version ( IMO)

Zap a little bit of Metal to get the head right:)

Reactions: HDRock and zap
Ok, so I love music, just as much as my wood stove and wood piles (don't judge)

Music - all of it (well most of it) is near and dear to my heart. Growing up, my dad always had DJ gigs, even still to this day, he does it. I'm a big fan of the gals from the 50’s & 60's (yes, before I was born) so IMHO, this thread wouldn't be complete without mentioning these gals too....they just don't "build" women like they use to ;)

Granted they don't knock you off your chair with the power of their voices like Grace Slick or Ann Wilson do but are worth a mention

Some Funk

Status
Not open for further replies.