splitter design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Mine is very similar, except I have a jib crane instead of a log lift. Can you send or post close up pics of the wedge system?

Mine is very similar, except I have a jib crane instead of a log lift. Can you send or post close up pics of the wedge system?
Give me a few minutes....

The wedge is ran by hydraulics...you can raise it up or down on the fly. If you run into a knotty piece you simply lower it all the way down out of the way and just use the upright wedge and then carry...
IMG_2310_zpsdn2jv9ow.jpg
The single upright wedge is a 2-stage design as it is simple but very effective in larger stuff..
IMG_2309_zpsbfnbsy0k.jpg
The push plate is a unique design in that the plate is recessed in the middle allowing for a complete split.
IMG_2311_zpsfjvrazbf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamess67
Thanks for taking the time to post these. I have work to do now. [emoji6]

Thanks for taking the time to post these. I have work to do now. [emoji6]
Your welcome...I am just loafing around waiting on the Freight company to call so I can go get my stove...lol

Reactions: Jamess67