Stacked Stone Veneer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Looking good.

Well, the GD thing is done LOL...or just about. Learned a lot throughout this project and am pretty happy with the hearth. I can't thank you guys enough. Here's a couple of pics...

Hearth.jpeg 3E45CEDC-226D-4232-A152-233A495E4D48.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyp2339
That's looking great. Love the tile choice for flooring. Little bit to go before done. Everyone hates trim work.

How far from top of pipe to ceiling?
Double wall?

Stonework looks great. The piping, I would have run differently and got rid of that hard angle with a 45 lower and one at the thimble.

That's looking great. Love the tile choice for flooring. Little bit to go before done. Everyone hates trim work.

How far from top of pipe to ceiling?
Double wall?

Thanks MM...
Yes, double wall. It’s 6inches from ceiling.

The wall colors is that pewter mug and iron mountain?

Wall color is Alaska Grey if I remember correctly...from MSI. When cutting the tiles, I tried to eliminate as much white as possible and keep more grey...it came out pretty good.

Yours looks great!

What do you have on the floor? Laminate? Looks awesome!

Last edited:
Wall color is Alaska Grey it I remember correctly...from MSI. When cutting the tiles, I tried to eliminate as much white as possible and keep more grey...it came out pretty good.

Yours looks great!

What do you have on the floor? Laminate? Looks awesome!
Yes it’s flint creek oak laminate. My stone is the trave gray from msi. Our wall paint is pretty close also. Small world. I almost did the Alaska gray the misses had the final say. Enjoy your new space looks awesome

Stonework looks great. The piping, I would have run differently and got rid of that hard angle with a 45 lower and one at the thimble.

Thanks HogWildz and I couldn’t agree more. I tried to get two 45s in there but the installers couldn’t make it happen while keeping the clearances from the wall or keeping the stove pipe straight. Maybe I should have moved the stove a little closer but I used it a couple times already and it seems to be drafting very well.

Yes it’s flint creek oak laminate. My stone is the trave gray from msi. Our wall paint is pretty close also. Small world. I almost did the Alaska gray the misses had the final say. Enjoy your new space looks awesome

Haha same here...misses had final say. I was considering the trave grey too.