Start of my pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have been reading about the settings on the stove I cant imagine fine tuning this thing I will be the only house in January with all the windows open lol

That was me the first week of mine, had both doors open at times as I made it way too hot in here.

Lol when do you think the paint curing smell goes away ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took a couple of days for mine, as on a high heat setting you would still get a bit of a smell.

Is it quiet?

There should be specs for it indicating how loud (dB). I connected mine with a motor speed control (like a rheostat but for motors) so I could turn it down as I didn't need it full blast, plus at full it was noticeable as far as noise but turned down was almost silent.

I put a small fan in between rooms and it made the other room very comfortable

Your open layout will help with that too, the heat will move into the kitchen and up those stairs nicely. If your intention is to try to reduce (or eliminate) furnace use you should be able to nicely.

Upstairs is 79 right now lol
My house is very open
Working out very nicely
Have not heard the oil burner kick on at all today
Loving it

There is threads of others who use their stoves as primary heat but have it set up so the oil furnace will still run occasionally in cold weather. Is oil expensive where you are?

There is threads of others who use their stoves as primary heat but have it set up so the oil furnace will still run occasionally in cold weather. Is oil expensive where you are?

Oil is about 2.50-4.00 bucks a gallon
Just hate filling a 1000 gallon tank up
To keep the house at 65 all winter

Reactions: cecil_archer
Ok noticed the glass is getting black in the stove
Any ideas ?

Sounds like you will need to trim your settings, perhaps raise the low air. There are others on here with these stoves that can advise better. Also there is a burnpot hack for this stove where you block the two air holes under the burn plate with Hillman plugs. Many have done this to force more air through the burn plate to get a better and cleaner burn.

Sounds like you will need to trim your settings, perhaps raise the low air. There are others on here with these stoves that can advise better. Also there is a burnpot hack for this stove where you block the two air holes under the burn plate with Hillman plugs. Many have done this to force more air through the burn plate to get a better and cleaner burn.

Great I will do some research tonight on it
Thanks

Ok found the holes closed them up and wow the pellet ash is a lot better but I think I lost some heat from the stove
I did switch pellets too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All is going well
Love the stove
Looking to test some other pellets this weekend
Try to get some more heat out of it

Try as many brands as you can, it seem tedious but it is a great was to get to know how your stove runs with different kinds of fuel. Ideally you should be able to burn just about anything providing you understand how to trim the air and fuel feed settings. Obviously however finding a pellet that burns well without fiddling is a bonus.

yup I do, works good in my open floor plan