Start of my pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
f27b5486e1db8a1c358d8699721d6a05.jpg
0b2bd18e5c916edc4a9eee999cf70ed6.jpg

Sweet, congrats

Burning 4 hours strong
Love this thing
I don't smell smoke or the other smell anymore
Any real way to test the flue leaks ?

At night when it is dark just turn off the lights in there and use a flashlight to check. Any leaks you will see. Plus even with small ones you will smell it, especially on startup. I had several pin leaks with mine back there and I was able to find them.

The oil/paint smell should go away after a few hours. Try running the stove hot for awhile with some windows open and that will cure most of it in short order.

I really like how you ran your pipe up on the inside then out, looks better outside and you will get a bit more heat inside as that pipe can get quite warm. If I had to do it over I would have done that with mine.

I used the pellet vent pro pipe
With the orings I don't think I have any leaks just wanted to make sure
I am really happy the way it came out

Worked out nice
I guess I did it right the house is not on fire yet lol

Looks like a good install, you shouldn't have to worry even leaving it on and going to bed. Only issue I can possibly see is the heat will dry out that Christmas tree faster which will make a mess with fallen needles.

I am still worried about leaving it on
I just bought 4 nest smoke and co2 detectors maybe when I get them hooked up I will leave it on
Until I trust it it goes off
For now

I am still worried about leaving it on
I just bought 4 nest smoke and co2 detectors maybe when I get them hooked up I will leave it on
Until I trust it it goes off
For now

I was the same way with mine but now that I have been using it and know what it will and will not do it doesn't bother me anymore. I do inspect it regularly even the outside pipe but there has been no issues. These things are designed to be safe. Only issue I know of ever happening is creosote buildup from extended dirty burns/poor operation but that is rare and those pipes are designed to take the heat of a chimney fire which would ruin them but they will take it. That is the purpose of that thimble as well. Without the thimble if there was a fire in the pipe it could ignite the wall.

Took all the black pipe apart again and sealed with black rtv
I know they have orings but makes me feel better
Letting dry and test for leaks tonight

You could have used high temp silicone tape on the seams ... that way you can get it apart easier for cleaning.

Looks good enjoy the heat!

All sealed
Fired up checked with flashlight and candle
I think I can rest now
4 co2 detectors and 7 smoke detectors
I think I am good lol

Likely a little overboard on the CO and smoke detectors but a whole lot better than not enough or none! You'll get over the newbie jitters soon and laugh at yourself. We've all been there at one point.

Lmfao
More the better in my book
Going to try to leave it on tonight
Try I said
Lol
I didn't sleep well the first night we left ours go 24/7. But then I remembered that last time I had the front cover off my gas furnace and saw the inferno going on in there, and I got over it pretty quickly. With the fire and CO detectors you'll be fine. Enjoy the heat and satisfaction of the install!!

I will in time
Just have to get use to it
I love building it and designing it
I think it came out perfect
Thinking about other one in my master bedroom lol

Just gotta tell yourself it's installed properly the stove is a sealed unit so the fire can't get out of the stove and if something does go a miss the stove will shut itself down. Now sleep tight and enjoy the warmth.

Reactions: jerl77
I will in time
Just have to get use to it
I love building it and designing it
I think it came out perfect
Thinking about other one in my master bedroom lol
Enjoy - the install looks awesome. I still grin every time I fire ours up for the season, and we've had it 4 years now. :)

I have been reading about the settings on the stove I cant imagine fine tuning this thing I will be the only house in January with all the windows open lol