Steel Air Tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I think the last dovre we work on was taken out of service last year.
Yes, they are getting rarer. I believe the Quad Isle Royale is a Dovre stove. That may be the last here.

Yes, they are getting rarer. I believe the Quad Isle Royale is a Dovre stove. That may be the last here.
Well yeah I forgot about that, we work on several of them

bholler, I am not as familiar with these stoves as you are. This stove looks about the same size as the Federal Airtight that I have. I am not sure what you mean "by the ring." It looks like a small stove and I was wondering how the air is heated before it goes through those pipes? I was hoping that the owner would give some more info on how it hooks up. I know that the Blaze King I worked on had a secondary burner under the catalytic combustor so understand the principle.

bholler, I am not as familiar with these stoves as you are. This stove looks about the same size as the Federal Airtight that I have. I am not sure what you mean "by the ring." It looks like a small stove and I was wondering how the air is heated before it goes through those pipes? I was hoping that the owner would give some more info on how it hooks up. I know that the Blaze King I worked on had a secondary burner under the catalytic combustor so understand the principle.

The Steel Air Tubes install above the baffle you have to remove the baffle install the Air tubes the bolts that secure the baffle also secures the tubes. There are two dials on the left side of stove where I load the stove with wood once stove reaches 500 degrees open small dial that feeds Air to the air tubes. Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• 45EF7FF3-F2C9-4D93-B5C9-94E24B3E2268.jpeg
    45EF7FF3-F2C9-4D93-B5C9-94E24B3E2268.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 206
  • A05DA01F-373C-44A8-AC03-54BDAEB89EFD.jpeg
    A05DA01F-373C-44A8-AC03-54BDAEB89EFD.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 201
The "ring" is called an air distributer. It looks like a donut on a stick or a lollipop with a hole in the middle. It distributes air evenly around the circumference. I suspect that this is what replaced the organ pipe tube assembly and wondered if the pipes could be updated with this still available part.

cdw air.jpeg

Reactions: bholler
The "ring" is called an air distributer. It looks like a donut on a stick or a lollipop with a hole in the middle. It distributes air evenly around the circumference. I suspect that this is what replaced the organ pipe tube assembly and wondered if the pipes could be updated with this still available part.

View attachment 261082
Yeah that's it.

I don't know. Maybe call up Woodman's and ask if they know if it can be adapted or not.

From looking at the pictures it appears that the air goes directly to the pipes from the top of the stove. Seems like to short of distance for the air to be preheated. But I really don't know much about these wood stoves. Thanks for the pictures that is a neat looking stove. And that picture of the ring helps me to get a better understanding of how this works.