Step angle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotted Owl

Nov 5, 2009
Oregon, coast range
I know Coaly has this answer. What is the angle of the step on the solid tops and the three piece tops? I asked for this to be deleted, but in talking to Coaly it's decided that it's a worthy question to come back up.

Owl

I beleive it was 67.5 degree angle but he has the prints. the bottom shelve and top should be level so when it is in place on the stove you do not have a uneven top.

Bob and Carol settled on "about 22* off vertical" for the first stove. All my 3 piece tops measure about 70* or a 20* angle. They do look a touch steeper, but the overhang changes the look making it hard to compare by eye.

I dug out all the drawings and did some measuring;

For bent tops;
68* is correct, which is a 22* bend. (as shown on drawings) actual may vary, but not much.
4 11/16 between 1/2 inch radius bends gives a 6 inch rise for Mama, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa and XL. ( 4 3/4 rise for Baby).
The step angle is the same for Honey and Goldilocks pedestal stoves and measure 5 inch rise. (actual)
Coal Bear has the same angle and measures 6 inch rise. (actual)

I do have a bent top Baby that doesn't look as steep by eye, and measures 60*, or 30* off vertical.
That is the most variance I have here in stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.