Stihl Farm Boss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested in doing a class with other members. As I said, most in NY are at least 2 or 3 hours from me. There isn't much commercial logging in the NYC metro area.

A-cord-ingLEE said:
Backwoods Savage said:
That would seem to me to be much too long of a bar for that size saw. It would be better to sharpen your cutting skills and use what you have already. btw, I have only a 16" bar on mine.

AGREED.
Master felling techniques and you'll never need bigger than a 20" bar.
Learn about "release" teqniques. Take a Game of logging course. Not only will you become a wizard with a saw but it could save your life too.

Many yard birds out there that a 20 inch would be a teaspoon! lol (Not usally enough solid wood to pull off a lot of plunge cutting)

smokinjay said:
A-cord-ingLEE said:
Backwoods Savage said:
That would seem to me to be much too long of a bar for that size saw. It would be better to sharpen your cutting skills and use what you have already. btw, I have only a 16" bar on mine.

AGREED.
Learn about "release" teqniques. Take a Game of logging course. Not only will you become a wizard with a saw but it could save your life too.

Many yard birds out there that a 20 inch would be a teaspoon! lol (Not usally enough solid wood to pull off a lot of plunge cutting)

Eye've dumped plenty of 50"+ yard birds with a 20".
My saws haven't seen a +20" bar in at least 16 years.
" Shave the bells and bore the notch "! If'n U no what eye mean!

A-cord-ingLEE said:
smokinjay said:
A-cord-ingLEE said:
Backwoods Savage said:

AGREED.

Eye've dumped plenty of 50"+ yard birds with a 20".
My saws haven't seen a +20" bar in at least 16 years.
" Shave the bells and bore the notch "! If'n U no what eye mean!

LOL I know what you mean......Rottens rotten! if'n u no what eye mean. lows in the hi 50's highs in the lower 60's is the normal forecast. I fell safe on most at 28 inchs.

Status
Not open for further replies.