Stove decisions....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Of course I could not leave this nice thread slide without sharing about my favorite stove for ambiance and beauty and its expensive too...But wanted to share...clancey

I'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to add that I have a Green Mountain 40 and have been very happy with it. We got it last spring, so this will be the first full season to use it. I really like the hybrid design. Even before engaging the catalytic combustor, the secondary burn works well. I've had best results with starting it with a top-down fire. Now I can just built the fire, light it, shut the door and not open it again until it's time to reload.

Reactions: jasejase
I'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to add that I have a Green Mountain 40 and have been very happy with it. We got it last spring, so this will be the first full season to use it. I really like the hybrid design. Even before engaging the catalytic combustor, the secondary burn works well. I've had best results with starting it with a top-down fire. Now I can just built the fire, light it, shut the door and not open it again until it's time to reload.

Thanks!

We ended up ordering a quadfire discovery iii. Simple enough to suit our needs. A friend has it and loves it.