Stove pipe replacement - rusted off at square ceiling support box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DJJames

Dec 19, 2021
Montana
Hi guys, we’re into snow season here it MT and the stove pipe on my shop fireplace just rusted clean off (I already picked up a new chimney cap). Need help on a repair that can be done without tearing the roof apart at this time of year. Looks like the original setup was welded together as one piece (stove pipe welded to square ceiling support). The pipe was just hanging on by a bit of rusty metal. Is there any hope of installing a universal adapter? I don’t really want to slab on a ton of silicon and hope it doesn’t set the shop on fire but I’ll take quick fixes that can be reworked in less wet weather. Recommendations?

DAC1C0C1-6040-488B-99B2-C7BDAC34B3B6.jpeg C6E5546B-CAA7-4D54-89DC-DF6F4B4C8F21.jpeg 8CD9453E-EDAE-4C59-AD6A-F0ECB0933FCE.jpeg