Stove thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just noticed this thread - I have a device that's in development currently, similar core functionality to the ThermaData device, but built specific for wood stoves with added functionality beyond what the TermaData does and easier to use. With it I have devleoped mobile apps for both iOS and Android. Currently in the process of getting it certified for safety (which is a hurdle for any electronic device, especially one that will be used near a wood stove!) in order for it to legally be sold. Once I have a prototype available I will be soliciting beta testers, here naturally. Stay tuned...

I realize this thread's about a year old, but I recently found a pretty good plug-n-play solution after having a hard time searching this. ThermoWorks sells a WiFi enabled, dual channel, type K temperature controller for around $200 (model ThermaQ WiFi, THS-299-121). I see it as $239 on their website now, but got mine for $170 about a month ago. You're able to download a free phone app for real-time monitoring (including graphs of temperature vs time), can set alarms to sound on your phone if a certain temperature is exceeded, and very easy to email a .csv file to yourself for some excel post-processing. They claim 4,000hr battery life on two AA's, but I might need to change them out here pretty soon at the 1-2 month mark (still pretty good). Needs a 2.4 Ghz WiFi network to connect to....setup was pretty straightforward. All you'd need in addition is 1 or 2 type K thermocouples (flat prong) for your specific application, and you're good to go.

I've got a post showing my setup, if that's any help (phone app display, thermocouple install):
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ert-install-data-logging.171478/#post-2306490

Last edited:
So this posy seems to have gone dormant but does anyone have any updates on these systems?

Right now I am looking between the

THS-299-121

And

TR - 75wf

And input is welcome

Just noticed this thread - I have a device that's in development currently, similar core functionality to the ThermaData device, but built specific for wood stoves with added functionality beyond what the TermaData does and easier to use. With it I have devleoped mobile apps for both iOS and Android. Currently in the process of getting it certified for safety (which is a hurdle for any electronic device, especially one that will be used near a wood stove!) in order for it to legally be sold. Once I have a prototype available I will be soliciting beta testers, here naturally. Stay tuned...

Looking for a tester?