Stovepipe discoloration?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the outside looks like... Assuming it is a class-a pipe system out there, how was it "temporarily" attached to the house?

I am new to woodburning, and we had our woodstove installed only about a month ago. 6" single wall silver stove pipe was used, but in the past month of use, the shine has changed to a dull gray?? Is that from over firing? I have a temp control on the pipe about 6" above the stove, and it's turned gray for about 3 or 4ft of pipe. Next year we are going to replace this pipe with black double wall pipe so we can move our stove closer to the stone hearth, but I just wanted to know what the deal with it was??
Thanks!
Jennifer

Just a question is this guy a WETT certified Technician ????

OK... we bought new stove pipe, chimney pipe and a cathedral ceiling support from Curtis Chimney in Grantsville MD. They sold us Ventis Class A All Fuel system set up and we are going to do the install ourselves. Anyone here willing to answer some questions on what we are running into on this install?

Status
Not open for further replies.