Super Cedars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ruttland safe starts are $12.50 at Tractor Supply 144 lights.
That seems cheap enough to skip making my own. I went to TSC to get some today and they were out of stock. They opened that store about a year ago and it seems like every time I go in, they're out of the thing I'm looking for.

Anybody know a current discount code? I need to order another box of 100 and would prefer the unwrapped ones which are only available direct.

Anybody know a current discount code? I need to order another box of 100 and would prefer the unwrapped ones which are only available direct.

Hearth40

No wax and sawdust needed here...
IMG_3794.JPG

Reactions: darktower007
No wax and sawdust needed here...View attachment 237939
Many years ago I knew a feller that was starting his pellet stove with an A/O torch. I said, "Take a 3 pound coffee can, fill it to the bottom ring, with pellets, pour in one bottle of gas line anti-freeze (sold around here as Heat), put the lid on the coffee can and wait a day or so."
The pellets will swell to fill the can. A small hand full will light with a spark, and if the lid is kept on the can the pellets will go a month or so without drying out. It is cheap, works amazingly well, and a bag of pellets will last a long time.

Hearth40 discount code doesn't work. Or Hearth18, Hearth19, Fall18, Winter19, Fall40.