Superfund Sites

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Whitenuckler

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2025
2,533
PEI Canada

I have been doing some radon mitigation work in my basement. Was watching some utube podcast and the guy was talking about Parkinson's.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.


Very interesting about these chemicals they used/use, and use in dry cleaning ect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Burnin Since 1991
Wow, that's a very informative video. A friend of mine just told me yesterday that he has Parkinson's. I sent that video to him. I also ordered the book from the Doc.

My wife has been leading the charge in our family for clean living. We try to go with organics as best we can but the differences in price is astonishing. Seems odd to me that growing food, in the old school way costs more than using all those chemicals that are slowly killing most of us. I try to grow what I can here. It isn't much but what I do grow is organic.

My friend and I served together in the USAF Reserve. I did 23 years of combined active and reserve time and I think he did 26 or 27 years including stints in the middle east. Both of us also worked in public safety, he as a fire fighter and myself as a police officer. I guess where I'm going with this is that we have both been in more than our fair share of nasty contaminated places over the years.

I have some concerning symptoms. I have been seeing a Neurologist at the VA since 2023. I've got something going on, but we aren't quite sure what it is.

I'm sure we've all been exposed to bad stuff over the years.
 
Welding is another known cause of Parkinson's, well manganism it's called, but gives Parkinsons like symptoms. And that's just the manganese fumes, never mind the dozen other heavy metals that are in welding smoke.