Supervent price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker62

Jan 29, 2012
Kenosha, WI.
Menards has a 6" x 3' section of class a on sale for 64.99 . Is this a good price or do they have a better sale in October ?

I've seen it for 54.99, but I don't remember how long ago. I guess it depends on if you want to wait and how much you are going to buy. If I was going to wait for a sale, it would be the store wide 11% rebate they frequently offer.

Yeah , I was just going to wait but figured Id pick 3 up. If they go back to regular price and I do 11% sale its close to the same . But they had 3 left so I just bought those. I dont even have a stove yet LOL.

They also have the Drolet Myriad for 599 . I think thats a bit too big for my needs though.

That depends on your needs...lol. Small fires can be made in big stoves though. It is a very big heater!

On another note, you do not have a stove, you have chimney parts but the most important question: do you have wood that is cut/split/stacked? EPA stoves want wood around 22% or lower in terms of moisture content..

Andrew

They usually have it for $59.99 during the Oct heating sale

That depends on your needs...lol. Small fires can be made in big stoves though. It is a very big heater!

On another note, you do not have a stove, you have chimney parts but the most important question: do you have wood that is cut/split/stacked? EPA stoves want wood around 22% or lower in terms of moisture content..

Andrew
Oh yes , the dry wood. I have a Harmaan pellet stove I had planned on moving out and replacing with a wood stove in my primary residence. Those plans changed . But I had cut split and stacked about 5 cords of Black Locust, 2 cords Ash, 1 cord Cherry and Maple mixed. Been sitting 3-4 years now. I also have about 2 cords Red Pine I split on land up North about 9 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.