Supply/Return Temperature Differential

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
What's a typical desired supply/return temperature differential? 20F? I'm messing with zone circ pump speeds with baseboard.
Thanks.

Velvetfoot, a, 20F differential is exactly what I'm getting from my w/a heat exchanger, which is it's design parameter. .Not sure that's relevant to your situation, but a w/a hx is nothing more than copper tubing with fins, making it a cousin to baseboard.

Mike

I think 20 is the 'generally accepted good' figure.

Would depend also on the emitter or zone layout. Say, a larger baseboard zone might see the rooms on the back end of the zone cooler than rooms on the front end with a large dT. But that wouldn't be a factor on something like a zone with one w/a exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.