Supreme Fusion 24 wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I want to guess thats it an ash scoop..
Looks like that where affixed the ul label. Really smart! Don’t lose it. May be one on the back to but no one would ever see it. ( just a guess)

evan

Reactions: Sailrmike
Yup, that has the serial # on it as well which you'll need for warranty support. I found out about that now because, four years later, guess who needs warranty support?!

The airwash baffle with the perforations in it (seen at the top edge of the glass) has been flexing outwards more over time on our unit, to the point now where if we let the fire get hot enough it contacts the glass. I took two plumbing wrenches to it trying to bend it back, didn't work, still warping when it heats up. We've burned a total of maybe four cords and it has never been over-fired (no visible red glowing)

Fortunately we have our original purchase receipt and the receipt from the installers who put in the unit to qualify for their warranty coverage. Contacted Hearthside (our distributor), who are contacting Supreme, and will be mailing me a replacement airwash baffle once they can find out what the part number is. I'm in the middle of this exchange with them right now.

Hi there, I bought a fusion insert last year, and have had decent results. I was looking at trying to increase the efficiency of the fans. I spoke with the dealer here and he said they have started sending the faceplates out to cut grates in the front to allow the fans to blow out the front as opposed to the sides and top.
How do you find your fans heating? is it satisfactory? thanks
Clint

Hi there, I bought a fusion insert last year, and have had decent results. I was looking at trying to increase the efficiency of the fans. I spoke with the dealer here and he said they have started sending the faceplates out to cut grates in the front to allow the fans to blow out the front as opposed to the sides and top.
How do you find your fans heating? is it satisfactory? thanks
Clint
Hey Clint, no issues with heat with or without the blower fans. I wouldn't bother. Heat will go up either way.

Also as an update, Supreme is refusing to honor their firebox warranty for the deflecting air wash baffle because it's a painted part. Literally the only thing their warranty covers are the sides and bottom of the firebox itself; nothing else. Borderline useless.

• Angry
Reactions: fussen
Hey Clint, no issues with heat with or without the blower fans. I wouldn't bother. Heat will go up either way.

Also as an update, Supreme is refusing to honor their firebox warranty for the deflecting air wash baffle because it's a painted part. Literally the only thing their warranty covers are the sides and bottom of the firebox itself; nothing else. Borderline useless.
I'm SO sorry to hear their warranty is essentially useless. That warped baffle seems like a pretty fundamental fault.

How's it been going since? We're considering on now...

Thanks.