The dreaded Volzang Norseman 2500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KindredSpiritzz

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2013
appleton, wi
Unfortunately i didnt research enough before making my wood furnace purchase and had no idea what i wanted beyond something that burns wood and heats the house so i ended up with a volzang norseman . This is my 2nd winter burning with it and im still either not getting the hang of it or it's just not capable of more than im getting now. It makes alot of creosote, its hard to control or keep in the burn zone and i get only about 4 hrs burn time thru the night. It does heat the house nicely (1600 sq ft). Just wondering if any volzang or hotblast owners have any useful tips for me to try. Do you guys pack that furnace tight with wood at night? Do you guys shut that little ash pan air intake spinner all the way tight for an over night burn? Just any tips or info on how you run yours would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20120921214704.jpg
    20120921214704.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 782
Status
Not open for further replies.