The Fusion from Pacific Energy ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all of the PE medium size inserts have the same innards, so if you look up the ratings of the Spectrum or the Super 27 you should get some ideas on how it burns. You can also check out http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/ Somewhere on there it says that the fancy EBT technology for the Summit series was invented to try to get the long burn times the Spectrum series gets.

Originally I was pretty excited to see this from PE since I like the look of European stoves and we love our Vista. In the ad they look pretty flashy and like something you don't see everyday.

So I went to check out one and in real life the stove looks like fat Elvis compared with the rockstar stove I was expecting. Not sleek, it's a pretty boxy overdressed Super 27. If you are interested in one I would try to find a shop around you that has one in stock so you could see for yourself. It got a no vote from the wife in less than 10 seconds.

Stove appearance is an awfully subjective thing, and I have yet to see a Fusion 'in person', but I happen to like the photos I've seen... all from advertisements.

From a previous post on the Fusion's performance, not many owners replied... the one(s) that did were happy with the stove.

I wish PE hadn't dropped the porcelain finish options... I would probably seal a deal for one of the colors offered a couple of years ago.

I like the stainless, but I'd likely go for the metallic black instead, cost wise.

Just dreamin'...

--

I wonder if one of the proud owners would post some better pics of the Fusion? There would be at least one grateful person in the group.

Peter B.

-----

I am also interested in the Fusion as a replacement to my 12 yr old Hearthstone Mansfield. We're looking for something with better door latch, ash cleanout and draft for starting. Can anyone offer their experience with the Fusion or another recommendation? Thanks.

Peter B,

Info on their web site this morning indicates Pacific Energy offers the porcelin option in the Vista and Spectrum series. Their web site does not list a porcelin option in the Summit or Fusion series. Hope this helps.
Best Wishes,

John_M

joe308 said:
I am also interested in the Fusion as a replacement to my 12 yr old Hearthstone Mansfield. We're looking for something with better door latch, ash cleanout and draft for starting. Can anyone offer their experience with the Fusion or another recommendation? Thanks.

If you have been running the mansfield, then the PE summit/ t6 alderlea would be a better fit for you than the fusion. The fusion is essentially a dressed up super27, which is a mid size stove and will not give you the 12 hour burn times that you would have become accustomed to w/ your mansfield. We sell both lines, and the door latches, baffle and airwash system is superior in the PE stoves. The summit series has a firebox that is almost exactly the same size as the mansfield, and my summit at home can go 10-12 hrs on a well packed load of wood. The only difference is the heat retention after the fire is out, as the steel tends to cool off more rapidly than the soapstone does. This is a plus for your early and late season fires, where you do not require hours and hours of unattended heat output, just a flash to take the chill off. Start ups are alot more rapid with the PE stoves, and often do not require you to leave the door open to get the fire going.

Thanks for the info - I've had steel in the past and while the Mansfield's soapstone has superior heat retention the "tile" design structure becomes compromised over time. The top of mine began to sag and when I had poor draft, smoke would emit from the joints in the stove. I'm surprised that after 12 years Hearthstone has not wakened up and improved the design and handle on this model. The price is now almost $1000 more than what I paid back in 1997 - not a good value at all. Despite the smaller firebox, I decided to go with the Fusion in SS since the Mansfield was overkill in my family room. For some reason, the stainless units are not that popular so it is taken quite some time to get one through the supply chain. I should have mine within 2 weeks and I will post my remarks on how well this baby burns!

Status
Not open for further replies.